Page 7 - documentation_package
P. 7

Clear Data
                                                                                                 Protected B when completed

      Filling out Form TD1ON
      Fill out this form only if you are an employee working in Ontario or a pensioner residing in Ontario and any of the following apply:
       • you have a new employer or payer and you will receive salary, wages, commissions, pensions, employment insurance benefits, or any other
       • you want to change amounts you previously claimed (for example, the number of your eligible dependants has changed)
       • you want to increase the amount of tax deducted at source

      Sign and date it, and give it to your employer or payer.
      If you do not fill out Form TD1ON, your employer or payer will deduct taxes after allowing the basic personal amount only.
      More than one employer or payer at the same time
           If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1ON for
           2021, you cannot claim them again. If your total income from all sources will be more than the personal tax credits you claimed on another Form
           TD1ON, check this box, enter "0" on line 10 and do not fill in lines 2 to 9.

      Total income less than total claim amount
           Check this box if your total income for the year from all employers and payers will be less than your total claim amount on line 10.
           Your employer or payer will not deduct tax from your earnings.
      Additional tax to be deducted
      If you wish to have more tax deducted, fill in "Additional tax to be deducted" on the federal Form TD1.
      Reduction in tax deductions
      You can ask to have less tax deducted on your income tax and benefit return if you are eligible for deductions or non-refundable tax credits that are not listed
      on this form (for example, periodic contributions to a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), child care or employment expenses, charitable donations, and
      tuition and education amounts carried forward from the previous year). To make this request, fill out Form T1213, Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at
      Source, to get a letter of authority from your tax services office. Give the letter of authority to your employer or payer. You do not need a letter of authority if
      your employer deducts RRSP contributions from your salary.
      Forms and publications
      To get our forms and publications, go to or call 1-800-959-5525.
      Personal information (including the SIN) is collected for the purposes of the administration or enforcement of the Income Tax Act and related programs and
      activities including administering tax, benefits, audit, compliance, and collection. The information collected may be used or disclosed for purposes of other
      federal acts that provide for the imposition and collection of a tax or duty. It may also be disclosed to other federal, provincial, territorial, or foreign government
      institutions to the extent authorized by law. Failure to provide this information may result in interest payable, penalties, or other actions. Under the Privacy Act,
      individuals have a right of protection, access to and correction of their personal information, or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
      regarding the handling of their personal information. Refer to Personal Information Bank CRA PPU 120 on Info Source at


        I certify that the information given on this form is correct and complete.

      Signature                                                                             Date
                                    It is a serious offence to make a false return.

                                                                                                                Page 2 of 2
   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12