Page 5 - documentation_package
P. 5

Clear Data
                                                                                                 Protected B when completed
      Filling out Form TD1
       Fill out this form only if any of the following apply:
        •  you have a new employer or payer and you will receive salary, wages, commissions, pensions, employment insurance benefits,
          or any other remuneration
        •  you want to change amounts you previously claimed (for example, the number of your eligible dependants has changed)
        •  you want to claim the deduction for living in a prescribed zone
        •  you want to increase the amount of tax deducted at source
      Sign and date it, and give it to your employer or payer.
      If you do not fill out this form, your tax deductions will only include the basic personal amount, estimated by your employer or payer based on the income they
      pay you.
      More than one employer or payer at the same time
           If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1
           for 2021, you cannot claim them again. If your total income from all sources will be more than the personal tax credits you claimed on another
           Form TD1, check this box, enter "0" on Line 13 and do not fill in Lines 2 to 12.
      Total income less than total claim amount
           Check this box if your total income for the year from all employers and payers will be less than your total claim amount on Line 13. Your employer
           or payer will not deduct tax from your earnings.
      Non-residents (Only fill in if you are a non-resident of Canada.)
      As a non-resident of Canada, will 90% or more of your world income be included in determining your taxable income earned in Canada in 2021?
               Yes (Fill out the previous page.)
               No (Enter "0" on Line 13, and do not fill in Lines 2 to 12 as you are not entitled to the personal tax credits.)
      If you are unsure of your residency status, call the international tax and non-resident enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281.

      Provincial or territorial personal tax credits return
      If your claim amount on Line 13 is more than $13,808, you also have to fill out a provincial or territorial TD1 form. If you are an employee, use the
      Form TD1 for your province or territory of employment. If you are a pensioner, use the Form TD1 for your province or territory of residence. Your employer or
      payer will use both this federal form and your most recent provincial or territorial Form TD1 to determine the amount of your tax deductions.
      If you are claiming the basic personal amount only, your employer or payer will deduct provincial or territorial taxes after allowing the provincial or territorial
      basic personal amount.
         Note: If you are a Saskatchewan resident supporting children under 18 at any time during 2021, you may be able to claim the child amount on
         Form TD1SK, 2021 Saskatchewan Personal Tax Credits Return. Therefore, you may want to fill out Form TD1SK even if you are only claiming the basic
         personal amount on this form.
      Deduction for living in a prescribed zone
      If you live in the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon, or another prescribed northern zone for more than six months in a row beginning or ending in 2021,
      you can claim any of the following:
        •  $11.00 for each day that you live in the prescribed northern zone
        •  $22.00 for each day that you live in the prescribed northern zone if, during that time, you live in a dwelling   $
          that you maintain, and you are the only person living in that dwelling who is claiming this deduction
      Employees living in a prescribed intermediate zone can claim 50% of the total of the above amounts.
      For more information, go to
      Additional tax to be deducted
      You may want to have more tax deducted from each payment, especially if you receive other income, including non-employment
      income such as CPP or QPP benefits, or old age security pension. By doing this, you may not have to pay as much tax when you  $
      file your income tax and benefit return. To choose this option, state the amount of additional tax you want to have deducted from
      each payment. To change this deduction later, fill out a new Form TD1.
      Reduction in tax deductions
      You can ask to have less tax deducted on your income tax and benefit return if you are eligible for deductions or non-refundable tax credits that are not listed
      on this form (for example, periodic contributions to a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), child care or employment expenses, charitable donations, and
      tuition and education amounts carried forward from the previous year). To make this request, fill out Form T1213, Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at
      Source, to get a letter of authority from your tax services office. Give the letter of authority to your employer or payer. You do not need a letter of authority if
      your employer deducts RRSP contributions from your salary.
      Forms and publications
      To get our forms and publications, go to or call 1-800-959-5525.
      Personal information (including the SIN) is collected for the purposes of the administration or enforcement of the Income Tax Act and related programs and activities including
      administering tax, benefits, audit, compliance, and collection. The information collected may be used or disclosed for purposes of other federal acts that provide for the imposition
      and collection of a tax or duty. It may also be disclosed to other federal, provincial, territorial, or foreign government institutions to the extent authorized by law. Failure to provide this
      information may result in interest payable, penalties, or other actions. Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right of protection, access to and correction of their personal
      information, or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada regarding the handling of their personal information. Refer to Personal Information Bank CRA PPU 120
      on Info Source at
       I certify that the information given on this form is correct and complete.

      Signature                                                                              Date
                                    It is a serious offence to make a false return.                   YYYY/MM/DD
                                                                                                                Page 2 of 2
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10